Cover versions

You may be able to tell Khai is asleep (hence the splurge of activity). So... Here's my first brief review of albums you can make heads out of.
Gil Scott Heron: Pieces of a Man
Typical Scott Heron. Great first track ('The Revolution Will Not Be Televised') followed by the most godawful sanctimonious cheese committed to vinyl ('Save the Children'). Is 'Save the Children' the worst song ever recorded? Could be ... except perhaps all those other tracks called, or referring to, the saving of the chidren (on the grounds they are our future / innocent / or a good investment) - yes, Marvin, I mean you. Apparently U2 have done a 'save the children' song as well. I rest my case.
Col, I believe you have some Gary Numan to add ....

2 Comments:
greetings! i'll be posting stuff soon, before i get too far behind with pictures of shelves / record covers / bendy3 itself. im off to the hope street farmers market first tho. there's word of 'free beer-tasting' from camra so maybe i won't come back in a while..
c
Cool. I've got rid of the default 'edit me' and google news links on the right, but could only come up with two replacements ... er, businessgames and qwghlm (some of the posts on qwghlm are a bit tecchy, but it's a really good political blog, usually has good links, and you should check out the Daily Mail random headline generator - top stuff). I've just noticed that businessgames has no links - maybe we should delete the whole links panel...
Free beer tasting, eh...?!
Post a Comment
<< Home