Chiho Aoshima
From the New York underground to the London Underground...While Q & I were passing through Gloucester Road sometime late last year, we were treated to a display by this Japanese artist's here
I really enjoyed the display, although the LU website pictures do not do them justice...almost like a cross between Manga and Terry Gilliam...Anyone got any more info on Aoshima or been to any exhibitions....M-A perhaps?
I really enjoyed the display, although the LU website pictures do not do them justice...almost like a cross between Manga and Terry Gilliam...Anyone got any more info on Aoshima or been to any exhibitions....M-A perhaps?

5 Comments:
Nice. I do like the Gloucester Road art stuff - although the last exhibition I remember was a load of Cindy Sherman pics which accompanied an exhibition she had at the Serpentine. How me and Col gasped as we exclaimed 'Hey! That's her in all those photos!'... 'Look she's dressed up in a different outfit' ... 'Cripes! Identity is so-o unstable!' ...'Is that one a dead horse being flogged??'
i'd like to see a series of photos of a dead horse being flogged though. lots and lots. from different angles. maybe followed by a cast of the space underneath the dead horse by rachel whiteread.
And a plastic reproduction of the horse with a nob stuck on its head by the Chapman Brothers
This comment has been removed by the author.
I saw some of her stuff at the Baltic recently, part of an exhibition that was trying so painfully hard to be hip and trendy (one floor made into an installation with a skateboard park) i had to go out and buy tweeds immediately. But her stuff stood out amongst the dad's-clicking-their-fingers-to-Busted.
Post a Comment
<< Home