Shag maths
In the vein of using ridiculous science to explain the obvious (such as HM Government Health Officers warning: Anal insertion of fireworks is not recommended for idiots; Fast food can lead to obesity, if you sit on your a**e all day long and eat all the pies; Drinking to excess can cause accidents, if challenging a group of youths to a fight...), I thought this equation here was the nadir of all things geeky/spurious. And I know what I'm talking about when it comes to merde de la vache.
"There...are other influencing factors at play too." Well, thanks for enlightening me. Personally I prefer to do my own research in the pub with members of the opposite sex, rather than in text books.
"The formula can work out a final score, ranging from less than one - where there is no beer goggle effect - to more than 100."
Holy Toldeo! One can only tremble at the thought of seeing a 100+ in one's local watering hole...must be the human equivalent of having a pet dog hump your leg...
(And I agree with Colin - let's make sure this blog defies the 3 month life-span thing...)
"There...are other influencing factors at play too." Well, thanks for enlightening me. Personally I prefer to do my own research in the pub with members of the opposite sex, rather than in text books.
"The formula can work out a final score, ranging from less than one - where there is no beer goggle effect - to more than 100."
Holy Toldeo! One can only tremble at the thought of seeing a 100+ in one's local watering hole...must be the human equivalent of having a pet dog hump your leg...
(And I agree with Colin - let's make sure this blog defies the 3 month life-span thing...)

5 Comments:
Snellen visual acuity? Luminance of person of interest (candelas per square metre)? I’d love to hear someone try and explain that formula after a few pints of wifebeater. Anyway, they’re wrong. These are beer goggles: http://www.boingboing.net/2006/11/19/beer_goggles_handmad.html
Hmmm. Blogger doesn't like long URLs in posts, eh? Okay. I'll try this instead
Hooray!
Excellent. I wonder if I can purchase some with tinted lenses for those hazy, lazy summer Saturday/Sunday afternoons in the local beer garden?
I assume that if your snellen visual acuity is at a mean ratio of + or - 3.6 quadrupleds / square doombar, then any old shed will look like the beer garden of your dreams...
Post a Comment
<< Home